[Openec] August 23rd commit by root broke compiling

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Aug 27 12:12:21 EDT 2007

Frieder Ferlemann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the recent commit by root:
> http://dev.laptop.org/git.do?p=projects/openec;a=commitdiff;h=edae494f1e17c3803d381394ffb1b70baa02140a
> broke compiling.
>
> Please _never_ commit stuff that is not tested to be compileable.

Who commited as root?  Who's working as root?  Not a very good idea.

> While "shit happens" I'm angry to find that only
> several hours after the "blinking brick" announcement
> the project is in an uncompileable state.

I agree with Frieder.  A really good way to check this is to always do a
clean checkout of your tree and then do a test compile. BEFORE you push
to the public repository.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child