[Openec] Uart TX HiZ?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Aug 22 03:10:25 EDT 2007

Frieder Ferlemann wrote:

> There probably is some inconsistency between the schematic
> (2006-12-04) and the registers settings reported by
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EC_Register_Settings :

There have been no schematic changes for the UART in B1,2,3,4,C1.  The
only difference would be From ATest to BTest when we switched to 3700.
But I think the UART stuff was identical. (I don't have ATest schematics
handy so I can't verify)  But the schematics match the values in
EC_register_settings.

Oh and that reminds me.  I spoke to quanta about getting an updated copy
of the EC schematic on the wiki.  Their response was not very helpful.
They freaked when they found out a page of the schematics were on line.
   According to Quanta the posting of the EC page in the trac bug is a
violation of the NDA (even though it was done by a quanta employee) and
they asked us to remove the schematics from the trac page.  I'll be
doing that soon and I must request that you please delete the schematic
  page.

> register: GPIOE  fc10:    7
>
> would denote only the lowermost three bit GPIO00..02
> switched to output.

Are you setting GPIOFS00 (fc00) bit 6 to 1?  That sets the function
select register to  "alternative" output mode.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child