[Openec] Patented NiMH charging algorithm

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:11:56 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Frieder Ferlemann <frieder.ferlemann at web.de> wrote:

> Hi Albert,
>
> Albert Cahalan schrieb:
> > On 8/14/07, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:
> >
> >> So if a LLNMH algorithm is to be produced it will probably have to be
> >> reverse engineered from what ever we are allowed to release and from
> the
> >> existing EC binary.
>
> It's not certain that a reverse engineering approach
> will necessarily turn out to give the best result.
>
> If we accept a medium time scale (whatever that is)
> for openec then modelling the chemistry and evaluating
> near optimal charge algorithms for the XO would for example
> be a very motivating factor for students doing their
> diploma theses and their supervisors.

i agree with this, joel and richard have access to the close code, so they
can tell like a flowchart about what the code is doing and trow that
information to the open source guys (like me and frieder..), so with that we
dont have the need for a reverse engineering,   maybe for the medium scale
is most desirable..btw i have to make something for my thesis, so maybe the
first part of this  investigation would be  nice for me to  do, but anyway
this i just a though i dunno if that can be done.

--
Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
OLPC Colombia