[Openec] Patented NiMH charging algorithm

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:52:14 EDT 2007

On 8/14/07, Richard A. Smith <richard at laptop.org> wrote:

> So if a LLNMH algorithm is to be produced it will probably have to be
> reverse engineered from what ever we are allowed to release and from the
> existing EC binary.

OK, not really a problem.

We could use an open source clone of IDA Pro. :-(
That would make a wonderful mesh-shared activity BTW.
(disassembly is most productive with people sitting
next to each other discussing the code)

We can certainly manage with objdump and a script
to add comments. (when you give a friendly label to
an address, you want it to appear at all usage sites)
I've seen it done for the CVS camcorder, which was
running the same OS as the Marvell chip.

An EC emulator would be good to have. Maybe qemu could be
hacked to have OLPC hardware, complete with separate threads
for emulating the EC chip and Marvell chip.

A gcc port would be great. This isn't crazy; gcc does support
some 8-bit stuff.