[OLPC_Boston] Want to try out the new read-89 activity? Or talk eBooks, Map Jams, eToys, Summit, ...?

Andreas Gros andigros72 at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 8 21:47:51 EST 2011

Hi all,

This is a reminder for this Friday's meet-up! On 11 March, at 6pm, One Cambridge Center (right above the Kendall/MIT Red-Line Stop), we're talking about/playing around with

1. eBooks on Sugar Realities (if you want to try out Read 89, see hint below)
2. Map jams:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2011-February/012568.html
 and each OLPC/Sugar CITY that will follow in March (Paris, then French Africa) )
3. West Somerville eToys training
4. Uruguay Summit May 5-7
5. Intel/Computer Clubhouse's new global mentoring network ("starting soon
right here in town")
6. ...

Adam told me to emphasize that munchies will be available -- even if they aren't all chocolate books.

Looking forward to seeing you

Adam, Mike, Andi

---
If you'd like to install Read-89 on your xo-1.5, I've put some simple instructions on the wiki:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Read#Install_read-89_on_a_xo-1.5_for_newbies
(Beware, this involves an OS upgrade to 11.2.0, which can have unforeseen side-effects like stability issues, allergies, ...)
---