[OLPC_Boston] Looking for input from anyone tracking success stories with XO's in the developing worlds classrooms

Brooks Kirkbride kirkbridester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 19:26:21 EST 2011

Hi,

As a teacher retuning to Fiji I'm interested to know if there's anyone in
New England with detailed knowledge or tales of how experiments are
succeeding, or not, in middle and lower school classrooms with this
technology.

I'm especially interested in XO's as John Wood (Room To Read) is in Asia
with his library and school programs to promote literacy. However, to me, a
problem as vexing in developing countries, as in Fiji, is not just the lack
of access to printed hard copy children stories in the native languages, but
also the lack of a culture of reading.

How does one first develop a reading culture in a village via the school,
and secondarily how is that mission/goal approached with XO's?

Brooks Kirkbride

--
Brooks Kirkbride