[OLPC_Boston] Updates from the Digital Literacy Project

Katelyn Foley katelyn at digiliteracy.org
Sun Aug 1 23:42:33 EDT 2010

Hello Boston!

Hope everyone is having a lovely summer!

We wanted to share our new website with you! Please visit
www.DigiLiteracy.org <http://www.digiliteracy.org/> when you have a chance,
and let us know what you think! We are also working on an interactive
education portal that will help teachers better utilize laptops in their
classrooms.

On a related note, DigiLit is a finalist in the Pepsi Refresh competition!
We are about to complete our most ambitious project yet: a laptop program
with 100 students at the Mission Hill School in
Boston<http://www.missionhillschool.org/mhs/Welcome_.html>.
In order to reach our goal, we have applied for $25K from Pepsi Refresh, a
new kind of competition determined solely by voting. Your votes directly
translate into financial support for this project, so please vote for us! If
possible, it would be fantastic if you could share the following
instructions with others who care about education for kids.

Please vote for us three times a day through the month of August:

1. Go to http://www.refresheverything.com. Sign up. (Only necessary the
first time you vote). Vote for the Digital Literacy Project (
www.refresheverything.com/DigiLit)!

2. Go to
http://www.facebook.com/#!/apps/application.php?id=263136462520&ref=ts<http://www.facebook.com/#%21/apps/application.php?id=263136462520&ref=ts>.
Click on "Go to Application". Search for "Digital Literacy Project". Vote!

3. Text 101352 to Pepsi (73774).

Thank you so much for your continued support!

Katelyn and the DigiLit team