[OLPC_Boston] Bug: Wireless is connected, but internet doesn't work

Yifan yifan.sun at students.olin.edu
Tue Sep 29 19:10:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

A year ago, we (Olin OLPC University chapter) deployed a bunch of xos
to an elementary school (Cambridge Friends School), and set up a
server using instructions on the wiki. They were able to use the
internet and all the other server features. Then, a few days ago, the
school changed the location of the servers, and now we're running into
this bug: connection is there, pinging google and other sites work,
but no internet access on the laptops. The wep key is accepted, and
the xos indicate that they are connected to the right wireless node.
Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!
Yifan