[OLPC_Boston] (no subject)

Robert Frank rfrank at ccebos.org
Wed May 6 11:43:52 EDT 2009

As a less-than-novice in the OLPC world, I have a possible proposal.

I will be teaching 2 technology sessions this July at the Teacher
Education Institute (TEI) of the University of the Middle East
(www.ume.org <http://www.ume.org/> ). The TEI will be held in Boston at
Simmons College. About 25 teachers from North Africa and the Middle East
come to this Institute each summer to learn about innovative ideas for
k-12 education in America. I wonder whether this might be a great
opportunity to expose teachers in these developing countries to OLPC and
Sugar. Would someone consider coming to one or both of these sessions
(dates in July not yet fixed) to introduce these teachers in a hands-on
way to XOs and Sugar? It would require bringing the XOs.

Please contact me if you are interested and can help. Something like the
Cambridge Friends intro would probably be perfect-even, possibly, with a
couple of students from that class, although that definitely would not
be necessary. In the past TEIs, the teachers were from 8 countries:
Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Palestine, Israel, Egypt, Lebanon, and
Jordan.

It will be great if someone contacts me who would be interested and able
to do this.

Bob Frank

Robert Frank
Director, Communications and Technology