[OLPC_Boston] Deployment Tomorrow!

Katelyn Foley kfoley at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 31 21:24:20 EDT 2009

Dear all,

As planned, deployment day at CFS takes place tomorrow during the
Independent Learning Block from 10:30 - 11:20. According to Mel's online
sign-up sheet, Mel, MacKenzie, and I will be present tomorrow to introduce
the activities that are part of the customization key. Mack and I will bring
handouts for the kids that outline the basics of each activity. We'll allow
for a few minutes of time for the kids to try each activity out with our
guidance and we'll explain how the software could be used in the classroom.

Here are the activities that were bundled for CFS' needs that we'll go over
tomorrow:
1. Write
2. TurtleArt
3. Record
4. Pippy
5. Paint
6. Memorize
7. Measure
8. Etoys
9. Distance
10. Calculate
11. Browse
12. Analyze

Mack and I will arrive at 10 AM at CFS tomorrow to set up the laptops for
the kids.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to make the deployment happen.
We're especially grateful to Mel, the Olin team, and the faculty at CFS who
have been so generous with their time. We really appreciate everyone's
support and feedback.

We're so excited to see the kids' reactions tomorrow!

Thanks again,
Katelyn