[OLPC_Boston] CFS XO rollout date postponed?

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Mar 17 03:22:49 EDT 2009

Based on the discussions I heard while we were reflashing laptops at CFS
today, it sounds like the rollout will *not* be on the 18th (Wednesday
of this week), but instead... sometime that hasn't been decided yet,
because of permission forms/ special class scheduling that day/ not
having had an all-hands meeting for the deployment yet...?

Can someone from the loop team confirm/clarify this (or correct me)? I'm
a little confused as to what's happening and what date we should be
shooting for instead (or rather, the blockers - what things need to
happen before we can give kids their computers - so we can help remove
them if possible).

I edited
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cambridge_Friends_School/Meetings/2009-03-14
to reflect the "not sure of this now!" status, and added a new question
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Cambridge_Friends_School/Meetings/2009-03-14#Questions_for_the_loop_team)
for the loop team. *nudgenudge*

A somewhat befuddled volunteer,

--Mel