[OLPC_Boston] Updates from Hello Laptop, Hello World

Katelyn Foley katelyn at hellolaptop.org
Sun Dec 6 16:35:43 EST 2009

Dear Boston!

We hope you are all having a lovely December!

Hello Laptop, Hello World <http://www.hellolaptop.org> (formerly One for
All) would like to announce two new XO laptop deployments. Last spring, we
initiated a pilot program at the Cambridge Friends School with Olin College
of Engineering. This fall, we continued that pilot and started an XO-based
after-school program at the Mission Hill School in Boston. We have posted
resources (tutorials, lesson plans, and research studies) at
http://www.hellolaptop.org/resources.html. Please check them out!

In January, we will be running our first international deployment in
Managua. We are partnering with the InterAmerican Development Bank and the
Nicaraguan Deaf Association to implement an XO laptop lab for deaf students.
Our target goal is to donate 10 to 12 XOs, so please do let us know if you
are interested in donating an XO. You can learn more about the project at:
http://www.hellolaptop.org/nicaragua.html.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback!

Thanks so much,
Katelyn and MacKenzie