[OLPC_Boston] Western MA lurker looking for help

Linda ljcno3 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:13:06 EDT 2008

I live in Spfld and have an XO laptop. I am the only person I know who has
one around here. I know I am not getting anywhere near the use out of it as
a could be because I still am not able to get around that easily since I am
new to Linux and the rest. I am not even sure how all the different programs
referred to in the wiki are related (Sugar, Fedora, etc.) I've been reading
the bugs digest, but it is usually so technically detailed it means nothing
to me. Would your gatherings be an appropriate place for me to learn how to
fine tune and get the most from the XO? Right now I use it as a portable web
surfer and don't use many of the apps. I'd also be interested in the user
guide referred to in this list.