[OLPC_Boston] Olin OLPC Curriculum Team

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Thu Oct 23 14:08:16 EDT 2008

Hi Sandra,

I've talked to Mel and Dave Farning about this idea.

Clearly having reliable software and activities that work will be important
to Sugar and OLPC project success.  As more and more activities are
developed the testing work load will go up.

We would like to engage high school level, service
minded-technology/computer clubs and technically savvy service clubs as
testers for Sugar activities. The concept is to have a large number of
available volunteers that could use LiveCDs, USBs and G1G1 if available, to
try out new activities as they become available and report bugs.

We could use help creating curriculum for service-learning that the club
leaders could use to get students started.  Perhaps some of the Olin
students have ties back to teachers leading such clubs in high schools?
Would your team be interested in helping with this project?

Thanks,
Caroline

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Sandra Lam <Sandra.Lam at students.olin.edu>wrote:

>  Hello!
>

> An Olin OLPC team would like to be the *Curriculum* team for OLPC.
>

> We plan on visiting schools that use the XOs once a week for about an hour
> to see what kind of activities the children like to do with the XOs, and
> which ones they can learn from.  From this we would like to integrate the XO
> with the material they are learning in school to create activities the
> teachers can use in school.  This way the XO can be used to facilitate the
> learning of all different subjects in school.
>

> If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to contact me (Sandra Lam).
> Thanks!
>

> Sandra Lam

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove