[OLPC_Boston] Boston-area pilot activities [Was: Re: Second Workshop: CFS]

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Nov 13 16:18:51 EST 2008

(This is a heads-up so everyone knows what's going on, and also a
reminder to subteams that we need to step up planning for the CFS
deployment launch - if you have not yet gotten in contact with the
Harvard loop team for the pilot, please do so now!)

MacKenzie: can the Harvard loop team set up a second workshop for the
teachers at CFS? Let me know if you need me to be there, or if I can
help you find co-teachers for the workshop (it would be good to bring in
Sandra, Caroline, and the OLPC Boston curriculum support team at some
point, to do one of these workshops).

Please post your plans to the olpc_boston list (cc'd here) if you can,
so that other volunteers know what's going on. Even if some workshops
aren't completely open to the public, it's good to know that they are
happening.

As a reminder, G1G1 is coming up (it starts Nov. 17), so we should think
about how many XOs CFS needs, soon. (Ccing Lauren for news from the
fundraising team). Any other local-area XO needs? I'll note here that we
should soon have a Boston-area lending pool of XOs (they will first go
to Diane for her MassCUE workshop next week), and that we are still
looking for a chapter to maintain it; please let me know and cc the list
if you are interested.

Everyone: If you (the Harvard loop team, anyone at CFS, MassXO,
SugarLabs, whoever) needs help or anything, please let me and the
olpc_boston mailing list know - we're all here to help.

Cheers,

--Mel