[OLPC_Boston] hiya

Diane Serley olpc.aunti.mame at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 12:06:20 EDT 2008

Hi Mike, and Happy 4th to you!

Welcome to the group. I'm Diane, I go by the name AuntiMame on the OLCP wiki
and the OLPC News forums. I'm sorta-kinda the leader of this motley band of
XO fans (never take notes at a first meeting, you'll find yourself in charge
after that!)

We do meet once a month -- the last Tuesday evening of the month from 6-8PM
in the back room of the Cosi restaurant in Kendall Square. Anyone and
everyone is welcome to come. People do bring their XOs, but not everyone has
an XO-- so some XOs get passed around during the meeting.

There are also other local meetings you may want to join or attend:

   - there is an Open Jam every Saturday afternoon from 2 to 6pm at the OLPC
   headquarters at 1 Cambrige Center, Kendall Square (commonly called 1cc). You
   can find our more about that at
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Boston_Saturday_OJ   ------------------ (I
   don't think this weekend's jam is happening due to the holiday)

   - The MIT Museum has a couple of XOs on display and they are looking for
   volunteers to work with visitors and show them stuff. We did this last
   weekend for the Open Jam "event" and it was really fun. You can read more
   about the Museum's call for help at
   http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/olpc_boston/2008-July/thread.html

   - There is a local (Lexington-based) Google group
   http://groups.google.com/group/lexo?hl=en&lnk=sg

Hope to see you at our next meeting, or this Saturday if you can come to the
Museum.

Diane