[OLPC_Boston] IMSA / CFS Deployment Schedule and Goals

MacKenzie Sigalos msigalos at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Dec 5 21:14:23 EST 2008

Hi Yifan,

Thanks so much for the email! I wanted to go ahead and reply-all to the
Boston list so that everyone can hear updates on the CFS pilot. We are
having our second teacher workshop this coming Friday, the 12th. We just
heard back from Peter Sommer this week, and it looks as though the sixth
grade teachers for English/History, Math/Science, and Spanish are most
interested. We will be holding individual meetings with each teacher before
we leave for the break on Dec. 17th.

We are thrilled that you will be joining us in early January. We think this
would be the perfect time to continue to work with these teachers to develop
the curriculum, as well as to hold a pre-pilot week of workshops for
interested students, teachers, and parents. The envisioned schedule for this
week is as follows:

Day 1: 3rd teacher training workshop; classroom simulation
Day 2: parent information session
Day 3: after-school XO activity for students
Day 4: individual meetings with pilot teachers
Day 5: action plan decided; tech system finalized

Any additional ideas are, of course, welcome! Just reply all so that
everyone can remain updated.

Finally, insofar as in-classroom involvement is concerned, this is a topic
that we have yet to finalize with CFS. We will be sure to get back to you as
soon as this is decided by the school.

Have a great weekend,
MacKenzie and Katelyn