[Olpc-za] Laptop to Lesotho (Re: Getting Involved)

Janissa Balcomb janissa at silverstar.com
Tue Jan 24 13:24:31 EST 2012

Hi Heather,

I’m the president of Laptops to Lesotho Inc..  L2L isn’t an official OLPC project, but we use their XO laptops and have a similar philosophy.  If you’re interested in working with a project in Lesotho, I’d love to discuss ways you could help.  You can email me at janissa<at>silverstar.com.  I’m based in the U.S., but if you’d like to talk to someone closer to home, I can put you in touch with an L2L volunteer in Grahamstown, SA, and/or our project leader in Lesotho.  You can see more about our project at www<dot>laptopstolesotho<dot>.org.

The only active OLPC projects I know about in SA are the Kliptown Youth Project and a school in northern KZN.  Email me and I’ll send you their contact info, if they don’t post here themselves.

Janissa Balcomb
Laptops to Lesotho Inc.

Hi there,

I've been reading about the olpc project and think it is an incredible
initiative.  I was wondering if there is a community in ZA at all and if so
whether it is possible to get involved.

Please let me know who I should be in touch with.

Thanks so much,
Heather