[Olpc-za] Linux.com :: A dual-boot OLPC XO with Linux and Windows XP?

Joris Goudriaan joris at goudriaan.com
Wed Jan 9 13:20:49 EST 2008

http://www.linux.com/feature/124323

Although a shock when I read it, the following paragraph made me smile
again;

Red Hat's Michael Tiemann added "This effort makes it clear that
Microsoft still has the enormous cash required to demo yesterday's
software on tomorrow's hardware. The XO laptop is revolutionary in a
number of ways, and not least that it is based on software that children
can read, modify, and share. Whether or not Microsoft's porting effort
is successful, it does not succeed in the XO's mission, which is to
educate, emancipate, and empower a new generation unless Microsoft also
adopts a true open source approach. Personally I'm much more excited
about the progress of the /next/ port of Fedora than the /last/ version
of Windows, but that's just because I've seen the past and I'm much more
excited about the future."

What do you think, is dual boot with WinXP a good move?