[Olpc-za] WiFi network &c

Ronald Wertlen ron at ekhayaict.com
Fri Feb 29 04:15:41 EST 2008

Hi Jeff,

that's great news!!

WIFI:

Rael (Lissoos) will be coming down to hook up 3 or four schools for us
and also help out with some server/content issues at Zwelenqaba, which
is 30min away from you. (More comms on separate channel)

Probably in March/April. I am sure he can include equipment for your
project too and bring that down, and also install if you like. He's on cc:

BTW, am also working with NMI on a network around Mqanduli, so it looks
like we might soon have a network of 40+ schools in the area. And that's
deep rural. WOW!

OLPC:

We would love to kit out an entire school class with XOs as part of our
school projects.  We do actually have funding to buy some. Can someone
tell us how to get hold of them. Can anyone help us out on this? Antoine
was working on this

Best regards, Ron