[Olpc-za] Questions regarding South Africa deployment

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:27:44 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:47 PM, Gonzales, Rebecca
<Rebecca.Gonzales at amd.com> wrote:
> Hello OLPC-ZA members,
> I am the OLPC liaison for AMD. I am planning on being in Cape Town the first
> week of June for our 50x15 partner summit. (www.50x15.com) I was hoping to
> visit an OLPC pilot site if one is available.
>
> Can anyone let me know if this is a possibility?

Hi Rebecca

I'm a software engineer working for OLPC from Cape Town.

At this stage we have a deployment in Johannesburg at the Kliptown
Youth Project in Soweto, of 100 XOs, funded through a donor. I have
cc'ed Neo, who is involved with that project.

We don't yet have a deployment in Cape Town, although there will be
one starting in August, funded through the Give Many program.

I have been in touch with Daniel Lambert at the World Economic Forum
about an event in Cape Town - I'm not sure if it is the same event,
but he did mention AMD and OLPC.

Regards
Morgan Collett