[Olpc-za] comic content :-)

Jeff jeff at wildcoast.com
Wed Sep 5 01:29:19 EDT 2007

Heather Ford wrote:

> yes, this was an awesome project :) wish we could have more!

Oh please can we?  Here's a paste from an email Antoine sent me off-
list on the 26 August:

"
a) The XO ebook viewer already supports a format for encoding comics
into very small files.

b) A _lot_ of comic book material has been produced by various ZA
NGO's since the election.

Suggestion: Create a project for making this happen on the olpc-za
wiki so that folk with more bandwidth and telephone than you can
organize around materializing it.

Some ideas for action items to list on the page:

* Draw up a list of people who have produced educational comics for
ZA rural folk.
* Contact the copyright owners with a proposal to re-license under
creative-commons.
* Get copies of the comics
* Scan them in.
* Create a repository for the project on the official OLPC git server.
"

Do you have any other suggestions for us, Heather?

> btw, jimmy wales (founder of wikipedia) will be coming to Cape Town
> next weekend and we're going to be throwing a party for him on
> Saturday the 15th -- it would be awesome if we could make this a
> meetup of some of the OLPC SA Interest group folks as well :)

Sounds great. I can't make it unfortunately. . . but you guys should
have the after-party on the Wild Coast.

;-)

--
Jeff Brown
Website: www.wildcoast.com

8< --
Do not believe in miracles -- rely on them.