[Olpc-za] G1G1 in South Africa

Ellen Blakeborough eblakeborough at cox.net
Tue Dec 11 07:44:53 EST 2007

I just spent almost 2 weeks in KwaZulu near Mophela & Mpumalanga & there is a craving for learning, computers, laptops etc there for the children, so many of whom have lost parents friends & relatives due to the Aids pandemic, & who only get a fully nutritious meal at school.  These kids want to learn so badly & are so sweet.  I stayed at Lily of the Valley & they have constructed a potential computer training center for the community.  The area is driveable from Hillcrest.  There are 23 funerals every Saturday and so many children who are grateful to still have the friends they have.

Ellen Blakeborough