[Olpc-za] G1G1 in South Africa

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Mon Dec 10 04:34:57 EST 2007

Faaiez,

I'm sorry to say that there is no word yet for G1G1 making it's way to any
other country.  I think the reason for this involves regulatory concerns as
I know they've had problem even getting their laptops to certain countries.

It *is* possible to purchase an XO from outside of the US as long as you
provide a US or Canadian shipping address.  I have heard of various groups
and businesses that will re-ship any package, and XO's in particular at
various rates.  Although I haven't had any experience with any of them so I
can't recommend any particular service to you.

It's my eventual hope that the XO is opened for general retail sale.  But
it's more important at the moment to fulfill the National purchase orders of
countries like Peru and Uruguay.

If and as soon as G1G1 is expanded I'm sure that it will be announced on
this mailing list and others.

Good luck and all the best,
Seth Woodworth