[Olpc-za] A Journey into Constructivism

Lungi Siqebengu lungis at iafrica.com
Mon Aug 27 23:50:28 EDT 2007

Hi All !
Thank you Antonie for showing confidence in me. And also to you guys.

Folks - I am willing to take the challenge. I trust we all in this together.

The Project at hand is huge, and also dynamic. It is nowhere near any the
traditional Projects, where it is characterised by meetings between the
recipients (kids/community) and the providers/implementers(us). It does not
allow us to have the standard JAD sessions (development meetings) so as to
arrive at a reasonable Project Scope and User Buy-in. The Resources at hand
- one cannot put a finger to define their availability and duration.

To compound the complexity of this Project, is the fact that we are all
miles (km) away from the Pilot site (except for Jeff - who is closer to the
fire) and also from each other. We are all limited to communication via
email and possibly the listings.

Then there is the issue of funding......

Despite all the above - where there is a will, there is a way.

My knowledge of using Wiki is vaguely limited - but willing to learn. Until
now I have been a visitor in using Wiki, it was there whenever I needed to
look or research something. This Project is throwing me right-in to be an
active users.

So where to from here .... Within the next few days I will be bringing
myself to speed with Wiki. I will be relying more on Antonie and you folks
for help, hand-holding and guidance. Once that done we will then focus on
the tasks at hand, those of:-
1. Pilot;
2. Implementation Plan;
3. Localisation; and