[Olpc-za] A Journey into Constructivism

Ronald Wertlen ronald.wertlen at gmx.net
Mon Aug 27 16:20:57 EDT 2007

> Jeff wrote some great stuff but also said:
>> > We don't have time for a slow debate.
>
> Suggest to check the unverbalized assumption:
>
>   "We cannot debate while we are implementing"
>
> So I'll see your no time and raise you a:
>
>   "With the future of man(and woman)kind at stake we cannot afford to
>    have any kind of debate except a slow one!!!"
>
>  :-)
>
>  - a

I have to side with Antoine on this one. Put succintly - the less you
do, the less you mess up.

Where I have to agree with Jeff is that the time for action is now.
Fortunately we are not helping passive entities, but people who are
active and can do things for themselves (in this regard you might be
interested to read what the schoolkids at Zwelenqaba did
http://ekhayaict.com/wordpress/?p=50 ).  So as in most complex networks
even small changes can bring about huge effects, with surprising
results. The main challenge is too keep the surprises good.

Ron