[Olpc-uk] Hello

John Wagg johnwagg at btinternet.com
Mon Sep 21 07:03:39 EDT 2009

I'm an ageing developer looking for ways to use my skills for more useful purposes than I have so far in my career. I've been playing with various bits of OLPC-XO to get more idea of where I might get involved. I'm not progressing very fast at the moment. I've tried emulation of XO on my windows machine. It seems to work but doesn't give me anything that seems very useful at the moment. I don't have any activities available. What would people recommend as the best way to get some experience of playing around with XO? Should I persevere with emulation? Should I try to get hold of an XO machine? All advice gratefully received. I hope I'm not emailing zillions of people. Don't all tell me to get lost if I am.