[Olpc-uk] [OLPC-UK] Publicity and Media IRC meeting 2009-05-20 20:00 BST

Faisal Sadeq Khan olpc at sadeq.me.uk
Fri May 15 15:39:28 EDT 2009

Hi all,

1) Meeting

I would like to hold a meeting to discuss the work of a community "publicity
and media" team for OLPC UK.

Time/Duration: 20:00 - 20:30
 Date: Wednesday, 20th May 2009
Place: #olpc-meeting on irc.freenode.net <http://forum.laptop.org/chat>

2) First time IRC users

See:

OLPC communication channels   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/IRC#IRC

Meetings  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Meetings#First_time_user

3) Supporter group and logo

To get things moving I have started work on a facebook group and a logo.

Logo

I have looked at the various logos used by country specific olpc community
organisations to get an an idea of the logo we could use for the OLPC UK
group. To ensure a neat look I want to keep the olpc "branding". The whole
idea of a logo is to ensure that it is instinctively recognisable, indicate
it's origin.  I am not too keen on steering away from this. I did'nt really
like the logo used by olpc-france, by way of an example.

My brother, who is an DTP expert, will be giving me a hand and I will be
working on a few more logos.

Facebook

The facebook group is intended to be used for forming and fostering a
supporter community. I have not opened the facebook group yet. Will discuss
during the meeting on Wednesday.

The facebook and logo are work in progress.

4) Agenda

If you have any items that you would like to have on the agenda, please feel
free.

5) Meeting outcome

It is intended that the outcome of this meeting would feed into the main
OLPC-UK meeting the week after.

Hope you can attend. See you then.

Best wishes.

Faisal

--
One Laptop per Child (OLPC)
"Opening new opportunities to children the world over."