[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK Library Update 20090505

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Thu May 7 04:03:14 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:59:49AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> - All laptops have developer keys, have been flashed to latest
> >>   firmware (Q2E41), and have the latest Sugar-on-a-Stick build
> >>   (Rawhide/Fedora 11 + OLPC kernel) installed.
> >
> > Interesting, any guides as to how that's done?
> >
> > It was my understanding that Sugar-on-a-Stick isn't expected to run well
> > on the XO before F12 gets released in autumn. But it looks like I missed
> > something here...
>
> It runs.... I think SoaS has a custom kernel with added patches for
> camera/sound/suspend.

SoaS is shipping with a standard F11/rawhide kernel.  My custom
version installs the latest OLPC kernel (older, but with the OLPC
patches you mention).

I was very heartened to hear on IRC two days ago that OLPC have a
kernel hacker (dsaxena) starting in June (to work on Gen 1.5), and
that one of the first thing on the todo list was to get the OLPC
patches applying to the linus kernel.

> Peter

Martin