[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK Library Update 20090505

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed May 6 19:59:49 EDT 2009

>> - All laptops have developer keys, have been flashed to latest
>>   firmware (Q2E41), and have the latest Sugar-on-a-Stick build
>>   (Rawhide/Fedora 11 + OLPC kernel) installed.
>
> Interesting, any guides as to how that's done?
>
> It was my understanding that Sugar-on-a-Stick isn't expected to run well
> on the XO before F12 gets released in autumn. But it looks like I missed
> something here...

It runs.... I think SoaS has a custom kernel with added patches for
camera/sound/suspend. What will be Fedora 11 runs OK if you don't want
to use the camera, sound or suspend the laptop, fine for developers
(or most of my use cases) but not for the average user. The latest
release of sugar on F11 runs fine for most other tasks as of the
latest kernel/build but it varies! I've reported a couple of kernel
oops and various bits that have been generally fixed quickly but its
still very dev oriented.

Peter