[Olpc-uk] OLPC UK Pilot Laptop Proposal - HELP NEEDED

Michael Jordan michael_jordan50 at bigpond.com
Fri Jun 12 04:11:07 EDT 2009

>Let's budget 2 weeks for this, assuming *a number* of iterations of "try
this build".  So the process has to start well before that 2 week period.

Lets make it 4? And a minimum of 4 weeks 'try this build' time? The last
thing we want is to end up with 50 laptops on September 1, but without the
agreed applications

>I don't think we can do this ourselves.  I think we can answer the
questions of the people that are answering the in-school questions.

Still needs to be defined and structured as to how it will be handled, to
give us a chance of delivering and so the schools are fully aware of what
level of support and that they need to commit IT time to the pilot

>So "digital divide"?  Please say more...

Will happily put more detail around this; although I am sure there are many
on the mailing list with more expertise on the impacts of this who could
provide a few relevant lines.

Regards,

Michael Jordan