[Olpc-uk] Teacher Questions

michael_jordan50 at bigpond.com michael_jordan50 at bigpond.com
Wed Jul 15 06:55:59 EDT 2009

Good afternoon,

The teachers in the pilot class raised a number of questions regarding the ability of XO / sugar in the classroom.

Security
Is it possible to restrict children, when at home, to the LGFL network allowed websites? How? What do we need to do to prepare the XO's for this? When do we plan on doing that? Who will be doing that?

Printing
What is the best process to follow if students want to print work? Can this be done through connection / collaboration with documents on the network?

The remaining questions were handled well by Amir on the day - an excellent session in the end.

I know these are simple questions but I would like to respond with accurate / detailed answers or directions on where to look for the answers

Further, i will be sending more detail on our meeting out later today, the important note is that they have been through the XO and identified applications that can be used within the current ICT curriculum - excellent progress from their end.