[Olpc-sysadmin] Does anyone mind if I use OLPC Wiki to build some non-OLPC pages?

Greg Smith gregsmithpm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 14:01:03 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

Thanks. I setup a template and user space (at least I think I did :-) on my
user page at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Gregorio

I will prefix any pages with the NPS: to put them in the right namespace.
Let me know if that looks good or you have any suggestions before I start
slicing and dicing the Newton data in to pages.

I don't think Newton is a potential XO customer but they did run a 1-1
laptop trial at my kids middle school. See:
http://www.wickedlocal.com/newton/news/education/x1919584159/Newtons-Bigelow-tests-the-future-of-high-tech-teaching

It was for 6th graders and my kids are in 8th so we didn't participate.  Not
sure how it went or even what brand netbook they used. I'll let you know if
they ever issue any reports.

See also:
http://www.newtonschoolsfoundation.org/news%20and%20events/2010/Interactive%20ToolsFAQ.pdf
for
some info on a quasi private group trying to raise money for technology in
NPS.

I'm actually more interested in Special Education these days than technology
in education so I don't track this stuff too closely.

HTHs.

Thanks,

Greg S