[Olpc-sysadmin] Deployment team task tracking

Pia Waugh pia at waughpartners.com.au
Tue Mar 3 14:45:29 EST 2009

Hi Mel,

<quote who="Mel Chua">

> I'd prefer Trac over RT because I'd like publicly viewable tickets
> rather than separate access privs and interfaces for "users" and "tech
> support," but honestly, if it has tickets and the ability to
> group/tag/milestone/assign them, it's probably great - mostly we don't
> want to install/admin/fuss with it. 'Till someone else sets up a service
> we can test, though, we'll keep using what we've got. (w00t for Colin,
> who is currently wrangling Trac for us!)

Trac is great for tickets, but I don't find it intuitive for project
management. If you think trac is the best tool for you, we could certainly
host an olpcfriends trac if you like that you/Colin could have full access
for setting up your needs.

I looked at all the FOSS project management tools I could find. I'm trying a
non-free hosted one by 37signals to see how it works. I've sent you an
invite Mel, see what you think.

Otherwise we could try http://www.project.net/ which also looks nice, and is
based on TRac but expands the project management stuff greatly.

Cheers,
Pia

--

Waugh Partners

  m. +61 400 966 453
  p. +61 2 9318 0284
  f. +61 2 9318 2884
  w. http://waughpartners.com.au/

Open Source: Strategic Consulting, Industry Development, Research & Analysis