[Olpc-sysadmin] Deployment team task tracking

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Mar 3 02:34:26 EST 2009

> I'm looking at project management tools now that would suit this. What do
> you think of this:
>
>   http://openproj.org/openproj

Tried it some time back when I needed a gannt chart; it worked fine for
my team then. This was 2 years ago though, and I'm not as familiar with
it as I am with RT and Trac, so I have a hard time envisioning how to
use it well for a deployment (but could learn given an example of best
practices. ;)

I'd prefer Trac over RT because I'd like publicly viewable tickets
rather than separate access privs and interfaces for "users" and "tech
support," but honestly, if it has tickets and the ability to
group/tag/milestone/assign them, it's probably great - mostly we don't
want to install/admin/fuss with it. 'Till someone else sets up a service
we can test, though, we'll keep using what we've got. (w00t for Colin,
who is currently wrangling Trac for us!)

--Mel