[Olpc-sysadmin] ping testwiki.laptop.org fails

Ed McNierney ed at laptop.org
Tue Jul 21 09:53:14 EDT 2009

Fred -

After doing some archaeology, it appears that the site
testwiki.laptop.org was actually hosted on an (undocumented) virtual
machine named "base904" which was hosted on the (undocumented) server
named "kuku".  Not surprisingly, this is not at all an obvious
situation!

We're reconfiguring kuku as a build machine, and I went to some
trouble to ensure that the documented services (meeting.laptop.org)
were properly migrated off it and running before we made any changes.
Unfortunately, if things aren't well documented they're likely to break.

I have a copy of the base904 virtual machine image and will try to get
it running later today.  It appears that this should make
testwiki.laptop.org operational again, but I'm not sure because I
can't really tell what's needed for it.

	- Ed