[Olpc-sysadmin] wiki.laptop.org upgrade

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Dec 4 13:03:57 EST 2008

Ed McNierney wrote:
> Wiki.laptop.org is a public-facing Web site used by many, many people who
> are not on devel@ or hunt for RT tickets or listen in on VIG meetings.  Our
> public services - especially during our G1G1 period - are mission-critical
> and we cannot treat them casually.
>
> Henry and I spoke briefly this morning and we will work together to put
> together clearer procedures and policies for work that affects our public
> Web services so modifications to those services are made more appropriately
> in the future.

Sorry if I reacted defensively, sending notifications to devel@ was
our best practice in the good old pre-G1G1 days, but, clearly, it's no
longer sufficient now.  Establishing procedures for notifying planned
outages seems like a good course to me.

Maybe this should be a topic in the next VIG meeting?

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/