[Sur] [IAEP] TI MSP430 running on XO 1 - Robotics!

Yama Ploskonka yamaplos en gmail.com
Mie Sep 26 11:51:11 EDT 2012

there is sorcery code available as GUI. Huge files, some supposedly
Linux possible, but I have had no success with them.

see here:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/CCS_for_LaunchPad
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Other_MSP430_Software_Tools_for_LaunchPad

My take is that microprocessor work is not for everybody. It takes a
level of attention that goes beyond GUI, conceptually and mentally, so
why make things harder on the kid by forcing them to use GUI when the
few actually able would save themselves lots of pain by simply using
text-based stuff?
Besides, any GUI on the XO 1 is very heavy on the processor - freezing
the machine pretty much guaranteed, in my experience.

BTW, I have also been able to use the Arduino software on an XO 1 (which
also is text based), eliminating some files like the Wikipedia, to make
room. The MSP430 tools are lighter