[Sur] Etoys Fotos sin Fondo - Photos with no background

Pato Acevedo patitoacevedo en hotmail.com
Jue Feb 10 15:23:05 EST 2011

Hola:

En el minuto 2:27 del video enviado hoy a la lista, me acorde de este pendiente.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVHLYMujS4E
    Una vez que toma el "grab patch" del area seleccionada, obtiene los halos de  la imagen,  y con el halo gris obtiene la paleta de colores, que en su barra superior dice "no color". Despues se selecciona la herramienta tarro de pintura, y se "pinta" de color transparente. Solo sirve para imagenes que tengan un fondo de un solo color.

Pato Acevedo
 SugarLabs Chile
From: carnen en mac.com
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:02:24 +0100
To: iaep en lists.sugarlabs.org; olpc-sur en lists.laptop.org; olpc-bolivia en lists.laptop.org; olpcpuno en gmail.com; squeakland en squeakland.org; maho en realness.org
Subject: [Sur] Etoys Fotos sin Fondo - Photos with no background

Someone asked today how to eliminate the background in a picture.
I recall this problem was explained in one of the Waveplace videos by Tim Falconer.
The link to that video apparently is no longer working,  lesson No. 29:
http://waveplace.com/resources/courseware/

We needed an image of the triceratops without a background,  so it was free to chase Seymour the Turtle.
The only solution I found is to find a graphic with no background like these ones from
www.openclipart.org
The question came back to us today because someone wants to take pictures with the XO and keep only the main subject,  let�s say a person,  not the whole picture.
Thanks for any comments that could help in this area.

Carlos RabassaVolunteerPlan Ceibal Support NetworkMontevideo, Uruguay