[Sur] Etoys Fotos sin Fondo - Photos with no background

Carlos Rabassa carnen en mac.com
Lun Feb 7 15:02:24 EST 2011

Someone asked today how to eliminate the background in a picture.

I recall this problem was explained in one of the Waveplace videos by Tim Falconer.

The link to that video apparently is no longer working,  lesson No. 29:

http://waveplace.com/resources/courseware/

We needed an image of the triceratops without a background,  so it was free to chase Seymour the Turtle.

The only solution I found is to find a graphic with no background like these ones from

www.openclipart.org

The question came back to us today because someone wants to take pictures with the XO and keep only the main subject,  let´s say a person,  not the whole picture.

Thanks for any comments that could help in this area.

Carlos Rabassa
Volunteer
Plan Ceibal Support Network
Montevideo, Uruguay