[Olpc-socal] Olpc Notes

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed May 29 16:04:04 EDT 2013

Hi Folks....
There is a new page on Facebook that deals with small, volunteer driven XO deployments. They  are new, so getting a few more "Likes" would be helpful. You can check it out and like it at:http://facebook.com/UnleashKids
There have been a lot of interesting things going on lately including some here in SoCal. I'm packing for a trip right now but when I get some time (maybe on our trip), I'll fill you all in.
Also, I was thinking that maybe between now and next May we could make some plans to host a SoCal Scratch Day. We would need to find a venue and some folks to plan it (yes, count me in!). There were a couple of small ones in the LA area this year , but nothing really big. International Scratch Day was on May 18 this year. It is always on a similar date.  Maybe we could even get some  high school students in on the project. Any takers?
A bit of trivia...Junk mail... as list Admin, every day I clean out about 6-10 junk mail messages. In case you are curious, the male enhancement ads are now outnumbered by the stock tip adds. The messages come from almost every European, Asian, and Middle Eastern country, but so far we haven't seen any from addresses in the Americas.