[Olpc-socal] School Server for XOs In Haiti

Kenneth Wyrick kmw at caltek.net
Sat Mar 30 22:05:56 EDT 2013

the link says we need to login.

On Fri, March 29, 2013 9:05 pm, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
Hi Folks,Some of you met George Hunt at our OLPC booth at SCaLE a couple
of months ago and admired his work with school servers to use with the XO
computers. He just returned from Haiti where he installed a server for a
school in an orphanage . His blog (link below) is pretty interesting and
shows some of the things he has done there.Enjoy!Caryl
On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 12:37 PM, George Hunt <georgejhunt at gmail.com>
wrote:Hi all,
I returned from Port Au Prince, Haiti 5 days ago, and I've been monitoring
the 3G USB modem connection via openvpn. It's not perfect, but it looks
like they are getting an average of 10 hours of internet connectivity per
day. I configured opendns as a content filter, and some content in French
on the SD card.
Some additional information, and pictures are posted at
http://schoolserver.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=509&action=edit&message=6.George

I�m moderate on extroversion.
http://teknowledgy.org - http://jessesharps.net -  http://caltek.net -
http://picounion.us - http://bhnc.us