[Olpc-socal] SCaLE 11X Update

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 23:15:45 EST 2013

Hi Folks,

Here's the latest update on our booth at SCaLE 11X...

* So far the following people have indicated they would like to help with the OLPC/Sugar Labs booth at SCaLE 11X the weekend of Feb 22-24: Ed Bigenho, Kenneth Wyrick, Danny Hembree, Aaron Bordon, Manu Gupta, George Hunt, and Tony Anderson. There is also a possibility that Shirley Natkatsuru and some of the folks from UCSB will be attending.

* So far, I have registered Ed, and Manu. Aaron is also registered. Tony is currently in a remote village in Lesotho and will probably register when he get back to internet access in a couple of weeks. I need to hear from you folks, by this weekend if possible, so we can make the schedule.  I plan to put it up in a Google Doc where you can all enter your names in the time slots.

* Since we will have a few people coming in from out of town this year, it would be nice to have some relaxing time together to get acquainted. So far I am thinking about doing dinner at Denny's fairly early on Friday evening (about 6 PM). That way people who are registered for the full conference will be able to attend the evening UPSCALE program that starts at 8 PM back at the Hilton. I think you have to have a registration to get into that.

* Then, I was also thinking we might plan to do an off-site BOF (Birds of a Feather) session in a similar timeslot on Saturday. Local folks who aren't interested or can't attend SCaLE could meet us wherever we decide to do it.

* If you are interested in joining us on Friday or Saturday evening, let me know. I am still trying to find a good place within easy walking distance of the hotel. Denny's fits the bill, but it would be nice to have a different one too. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Watch for an update again about the booth schedule this weekend.

Caryl