[Olpc-socal] how to donate

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Wed Jan 23 15:08:30 EST 2013

Hi Mark,
Yes... olpc SoCal would love to have your XO! If we can get it up and running, we can add it to our lending library or, if that is not possible, we can use it for repair parts for our other machines as they need it.
We will be running the OLPC/Sugar Labs booth at the upcoming Southern California Linux Expo at the Hilton LAX the weekend of Feb 22-24 (the booth will be on Sat and Sun). If you could bring it up then, you would have a chance to see what has been happening with olpc in the past 4-5 years since you got your XO, and also see some other really great open source hardware and software companies and organizations.  Saturday there will be a special day for youth, if you have children they might enjoy attending that. Here's a link for info about SCaLE: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x  I think the exhibit hall fee will probably again be $5 for adults and free for kids.
If that won't work for you, I'm sure we can work something else out. I'll give you a call soon.
Thanks so much for thinking of us and making this generous offer!
Caryl Bigenho, OLPC/Sugar Labs Support Volunteer
P.S. I would love to hear about your Tall Ship Expeditions! My husband and I sailed on a Glouchester schooner, the Letty G Howard, out of South Street Seaport Museum several times (several days at a time) and have done day sails on the Californian. He is a real fan of sailing ships (we have several small ones in our backyard!).