[Olpc-socal] SoCal-OSSIE Will Be Ready To Use Soon!

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 11:02:31 EDT 2013

Hi Folks,

I am in the process of moving us to our new Google Group mailing list, "SoCal-OSSIE." It will take several days to get you all added to the list since Google doesn't like it if you add too many people at once…  I guess it helps cut down on the junk mail. It also takes a while as I have to carefully cut-n-paste each email address into the new list.  I started with just a few people as a test and am now working my way through the alphabet.

When you have been added, you will know because you will get a "Welcome" message. You won't need to do anything since I will be putting you in automatically. Until everyone has been transferred, both lists will run in parallel so please continue to use the OLPC-SoCal list if something comes up before the transfer is complete.

I anticipate that this list will be used only for really interesting and important things as our old list has been. Most of you folks have no idea of how much spam we are getting every day on the old list. Scores of messages come in from all over the world with stock tips, romantic promises, phishing scams, and… oh well, you name it, it's there. Hopefully it will take a while for the spammers to find us on our new list.

Have a great weekend!
Caryl