[Olpc-socal] Joe Herman from SCaLE

J. HERMAN maodog at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 15:30:13 EDT 2013

Caryl:

Sorry it took so long to get back. I hope you had a nice Passover / Easter.
I have the info for my OLPCs (2) from 2008 that sadly need an upgrade:

Build:	767

Sugar	0.82.1

Firmware:	Q2E18

Thanks for whatever you can do.
Also, I spoke about the Good Shepard Shelter for Families - they have a LAUSD
on premises and about fifteen children (K -8) whoo are eager to learn. I gave them one of mine to
play with and they responded  - as one hopes they would. Moreover the new director is fascinated by it
(like me) and interested in your offer to help put some OLPCs in their learning environment.
I also gave her an OLPC to look at over the holiday and will see her on Friday. I will keep you posted
but I am very optimistic. Again thanks to you. I will let you know what happens and then you can tell us what comes next.
Thanks,
Joe Herman

2278 Fink Street
Los Angeles, CA 90068