[Olpc-socal] SOAS help

danny danny at dynamical.org
Fri May 18 16:19:42 EDT 2012

I may be able to help you get SOAS going , what kind of machine are you
trying to use? On Macs, the only way I've been able to get things to
work is with a Virtual Box, others have had success with other VMs. help
is here:
http://wiki.sugarlags.org/go/Mac_OS_X-Boot_USB_with_VirtualBox .
 Detailed instructions for a variety of machines can be found here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation . In general
the first step is to get the virtual machine running on your platform.
Then load any one of many Sugar images as an appliance. Once the image
is running inside the VM, various strategies can be employed to use USB
sticks as a persistent store.