[Olpc-socal] No Luck With Live CD Any Ideas?

danny danny at dynamical.org
Tue Jan 17 14:48:08 EST 2012

I've been working with the USB stick, it boots but has video problems. I
don't have a CD drive in my notebook and my other macs are powerpc. In
the worst case, we can put the image on a CD and have them download
virtualbox to run it
( http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mac_OS_X-Boot_USB_with_Virtualbox#Boot_Helper_CD.27s ) .

I'll keep working at a one step method though. If I can get a USB to
boot I should be able to do it with a CD as well. I followed the links
you gave me but haven't found a solution yet. They were talking two
years ago and barking up the wrong tree anyway. The problem is on the
Fedora side. Maybe one of the other distributions would work better.