[Olpc-socal] One to donate

Caryl Bigenho caryl at laptop.org
Sun Dec 23 14:09:17 EST 2012

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the offer of your XO! It is appreciated.
We have several XOs here in SoCal in our lending library. At the moment they are all checked out, but we can always use another! We also can probably do whatever it needs to get it updated and running again.

Where are you located? We have members located all over the LA area and there may be someone close to you where you could drop it off. Or, if you can wait until the weekend of Feb 22-24, you could drop it off at the OLPC/SugarLabs booth at SCaLE 11X (http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale11x).
Another option would be to designate your donated laptop to our Contributors Program which makes long term loans of XO laptops to people to use for various types of projects (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Contributors_program). If that is your choice, let us know and we will be sure it gets to one of our new contributors.
Thanks again for your offer!Caryl Bigenho, OLPC Support Volunteer