[Olpc-socal] Have you seen the Scratch Curriculum Guide?

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 13:05:39 EDT 2012

Hi Folks,

I just discovered this great little Scratch Guide, thanks to Pato Acevedo who shared the Spanish version on the Uruguay mailing list. It is by the folks on the ScratchEdTeam at MIT and has been around for almost a year… I just hadn't known about it.

I think it is an exemplary example of a guide for educators because it carefully links everything to curriculum goals, includes detailed lists of lessons and their objectives, and even resources for student handouts.

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look:

http://scratched.media.mit.edu/sites/default/files/CurriculumGuide-v20110923.pdf

It would be wonderful if we could enlist teams of educators (and others) to compile similar guides for some of the most popular Sugar Activities.  Just sayin…..

Caryl